Technical Writer / SkillBridge
About This Position
Aptiris has a DOD/SkillBridge opening for a full-time technical writer, for 90-120 days, to author, edit, and review product documentation.
In this role you’ll work with Aptiris staff, including our onboarding, support, and engineering teams to gather, write, and publish technical information for our end-users. You’ll produce a variety of learning materials including written documentation, infographics, screenshot markups, and videos. As a successful technical writer for Aptiris, you will need to synthesize software features and capabilities, generating explanations and instructions relevant to end-users based on their role and objectives.
- Creating online help documentation, technical overviews, and FAQ articles, using a combination of written descriptions, video, and screen captures
- Updating existing content to reflect changes in functionality
- Maintaining and organizing content in our Help Center, including drafts and published articles
- Testing documentation against software for accuracy and consistency
- Identifying problem areas or deficiencies and proactively contributing to their improvement
- Regular communication and coordination with the Customer Success Manager
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following skills & attitudes:
- Great at communicating and creating engaging content
- An obsessive eye for consistency and technical accuracy
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly for technical and non-technical audiences; excellent, clear, clean, accessible writing
- Strong technical aptitude and capacity to quickly learn new concepts and tools.
- Excellent work ethic and strong self-motivation
- Desire and ability to innovate and improve upon current processes.
Qualified candidates should forward their resumes, with a cover letter, to: firstname.lastname@example.org with attachments in either DOC, RTF, or PDF formats.